Google Optimize tag experience

The Marfeel Google Optimize Tag Experience offers a ready-to-use integration with Google Optimize. It’s commonly used as pre-targeting tag to make available to Experience Manager the variant of an en experiment group as a custom var.

The tag experience has an input parameter experiments to specify the Google Optimize experiment Id. The tag experience will get the variant value and send it as a customVar to Experience Manager.

1. How to create an Experiment on Google Optimize

You can create an experiment on Google Optimize following the steps on [Sunset September 2023] Google Optimize - Analytics Help :

Once you have the experiment created you have to define its variants. In this example we are setting two variants 0 and 1:

Once the variants are ready you’ll get an Experiment Id. In this example is JHykpFqcQwejtIB1E-i4DA:

2. How to create an Experience using the experiment variant as a targeting

On the Marfeel Experience Manager you will be able to use the Experiment Id prepended with optimize- as a custom var. The optimize- suffix will help you understanding and debugging where custom vars come.

Following with the example, you should be able to use optimize-JHykpFqcQwejtIB1E-i4DA as a customVar. The value will be one of the defined variants.

3. How to connect Google Optimize experiments to Marfeel Experience Manager

To make a Google Optimize experiment available to Marfeel Experience Manager you can use the Marfeel SDK or use a ready-to-use Marfeel pre-targeting tag experience.

As mentioned in the How to use Marfeel Tag Experiences section, tag experiences are available only through Marfeel Account Management.

Please bear in mind this API documentation is provided as a ßeta version and an indicative way on how the final implementation will look like. The API can potentially change at any point without prior notification.
curl --location --request POST '<API-ENDPOINT>' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer <COMPASS_TOKEN>' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--data-raw '{
    "name": "Google Optimize enrichment",
    "campaignType": "googleOptimize",
    "state": "active",
    "phase": "preflight",
    "filters": [],
    "baseValue": 30,
    "properties": {
        "experiments": ["JHykpFqcQwejtIB1E-i4DA"]